Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Gift from the Heart

Awhile back I posted about breaking the beautiful mug I'd brought back from Australia and how it broke my heart to lose it. Imagine my surprise, when a box arrived for me on Friday, containing a duplicate mug from my friend Lucy in Oz. She had remembered my post and shopped until she found the mug and sent it on to me. I had tears in my eyes when I opened that box. Your gift touched the deepest reaches of my heart, Lucy. Thank you so much!!

We always think that we need so much to be happy, and talk about how winning the lottery or a jackpot or two so that we may live the good life. But I say you are rich enough indeed when you blessed with friends who care about you and keep you in their hearts. In that respect, I am blessed many times over and I thank you all for being a part of my life!

3 comments:

Eva said...

Beautiful things happen to beautiful people Jan. So nice of Lucy to shine on you - she's a gem.

Eva :-)

Lucy said...

My pleasure Jan!
Looking forward to seeing you again & doing your classes when you come back to Oz, not long now!
Hugs Lucy

Carole said...

That is so wonderful.

I was heartbroken years ago when a favorite mug of mine was broken (and hubby felt awful). I had purchased it at the Oregon coast, and it was my 'happy mug'. It took years, but I finally came upon another one and snatched it up instantly.