Pages

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Art for the Garden

I met my friend Jan a few years ago in a basketmaking class where all three students were named Jan. What were the chances you could find three students named Jan in one class? Pretty easy on the instructor, though. Gee, Jan, that's great work and all three of us would beam back a smile.

Anyway, Jan is building a new garden and is a wiz at "upcycling". So I thought I would make her a birdbath that would fit in with her upcycled couture. This was put together entirely with glassware garnered from the local thrift store (opportunity shop for those of you in Australia!). I used silicon caulking to glue the pieces together so the seams are waterproof. What treasures you can make with other people's castoffs!!

3 comments:

Cindi V. Walton said...

That is so darn neat!!! Incredible what you come up with! I can't wait to make one for me!

Tory Brokenshire said...

Jan how nice I love it!It would look wonderful in anyones garden!

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

What a beautiful piece, Jan. The bird on top finishes it off. Hope all is well with you and we can see one another soon.