Pages

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

New Show


Just a note to let you all know I'm still out here and creating art. I'm hard at work getting ready for Hampton, VA Art and Soul! I leave just two short weeks from today and still so much to do!! I'll be teaching a full day watercolor and a full day encaustic class, in addition to my new two evening class, Faces and Figures. So looking forward to seeing everyone again and this year I will absolutely visit the ponies of Chincoteague Island!
The above is the postcard for a showing of my photography in a lovely gallery in Battleground, WA located at 203 South Parkway Ave, just one block south of Main St. The show will last through June and then be rotated through local businesses for viewing. I am very excited as photography, more than any other medium I work in, represents my spirit and soul in art. Stay tuned as my next showing will be of the photos gathered in Australia.
Such a tumultuous year for me and I can honestly say that art has got me through the darkest winter I've ever had and brought me new friends and adventures and a new path in life. I hope it brings the same to all of you. Art truly saves lives!

6 comments:

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Good luck with your new show, trip to Virgina and workshops. I agree that art heals.

artymarty said...

Congratulations Jan. I wish I could come and see you show. I hope it goes well.

Eva said...

Would looooove to be at the Opening of your Exhibition Jan. Congrat's on being such a worthy exhibitor!

And have fun at Hampton, VA ... hope the girls love you there as much as we did here in Aus. Wish I was there too - *sniff*!

And ... don't forget to send me a postcard - *grin*.

PS: How many 'sleeps' till you come back to Aus? (lol)

Jan Harris Smith said...

Tory Brokenshire has left a new comment on your post "New Show":

Jan can't wait to see you in Hampton, I wish I could take your classes. That is so cool to have your photography rotating through the local businesses.

Posted by Tory Brokenshire to the ups and downs of art and life at 6:41 PM, May 07, 2010

Muse2Me said...

Jan-Can't wait to see you in Hampton. Hope we can get together for lunch while you are in town. If you are in need of a tour guide you know I'm your girl! Congratulations on your show! See you soon.

Jen Crossley said...

Hope the show goes well jan Wish I could be there with you Eva and I both.
Have fun In Hampton the girls will adore your workshop Im sure
Jen