Pages

Sunday, March 07, 2010

New Class in Virginia

I've got a new class posted for Art and Soul in Virginia in May 2010!!! Come join me in this two evening class and explore drawing and painting the human face and figure. I will show you sure fire methods to draw faces and the human figure, both adult and child, including the feared hands and feet, fingers and toes!! After we create our drawings, we will re-produce our drawings using mixed media, including collage and paint. Go to this link to learn more! I would love to see you there and spend some serious art-making time with you all!



And don't forget my encaustic class in Virginia! We had so much fun in Las Vegas playing with wax. And the encaustics created in class were amazing. I look forward to sharing similar techniques with you in Hampton, including the basics of creating wax and colored wax, fusing, surface decoration, inclusions and more! You can read more about the encaustic class here. I supply almost everything for this class, so this is a super easy way to explore this medium before investing in supplies.

And, last, but not least, is my watercolor painting class. In this all day class, learn the basics of watercolor painting including color mixing, the application of color, some cool tricks to create special effect and how to choose brushes and paper. We will explore washes, dry brush and the layering of color to maximize what is best about watercolor - the transulent color that reflects light back to us as if through a stained glass window. You can read more about the class here.
Virginia is a wonderful place in the spring! Especially the nearby Eastern shore. I plan to explore that shore again on this trip, and this time I WILL see the ponies of Assoteague and Chincoteague that I have dreamed of seeing since I was a child and read Misty of Chincoteague. I hope you can join me there!


1 comment:

Michele R. Unger said...

Man, oh man, do I wish I could attend A&S and take your classes! The art here is beautiful and makes me itch to get at my paints. YOU are INSPIRING, my dear friend!
Hugs and love