Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

At last, a sunny day...

It seems like a lifetime since I was last able to walk the LaCamas Lake trail in the warmth of the sun. A week ago, the cold of winter parted and allowed a sneak peak of spring to be. I grabbed my camera and headed out for the trail and was not disappointed.

I had not seen my shadow in so long!
The reflective color of the deep blue sky sets of the winter bare foliage and and moss covered trees.

The jet contrails make abstract art in the water.

And the full moon rises to lend her beauty to the sky.


I am taking part in a small poetry and prose exchange that will continue through all the days of winter. I thought I would share a few of my words:


December 30, 2008

How much more vibrant are the colors of the landscape when heard through the song of birds and the percussion of wind and rain. The music of the landscape is composed by all who share its bounty and color forms the notes in which it is written. Each being plays its own melody - a flash of red thunder wing , a shy soprano in drab grey, the dark melancholy of bare, brown branches, the jaunty tune of a squirrel stealing peanuts from the blare of the sky blue jays – yet all these songs will join together to create the symphony of life.


January, 27, 2009


Fly wild and free

Joyously celebrate your freefall, weightless

Dance in the clouds

While singing your trumpet songs

On your southward journey home.

I close my eyes and feel

Your windon my face

And become a feather on your wing

Taking my spring-yearning heart

toa a warmer land

Leaving on ly my time worn body

to contend with the cold winter.

I dream of daffodil sun.


February 5, 2009


Small yellow suns dot the grass

Dandelion wine, you say...

But I see thousands of white downy parachutes

Blowing in the wind

Eager to seed another star.

No weeds, these

But small worlds yet to be

2 comments:

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Hi Jan, I like your photos and poems and feel the longing for spring and warmth. Paula

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

INCREDIBLE and BREATHTAKING.. your words and picture have such power behind them... I feel transported to another place.

WELL DONE!

XO