Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Best of Show

I entered my "Bird on a Wire" piece that I will be teaching at Portland Art and Soul in October 2008 in the Battle Ground, Washington Art Alliance show over the weekend. It is a juried show with a multitude of prizes and I was hoping to maybe snag one of the insignificant ones - a free massage, a day at the spa - you know, those things you long to do on a cloudy, rainy day that you can't always afford to do. When I dropped off my piece, I looked around and saw the quantity and high quality of the other pieces entered in the show and gave up any hope of winning - in fact, completely forgot about it I was so engrossed at looking at the other entries. So imagine my surprise and total amazement when I received a call that I had won "Best of Show"!! I attended the awards ceremony last night and had my photo taken with the mayor and everything. What was even better was sharing that moment with other members of the gallery I belong to, who also attended the ceremony. It made my year....and maybe then some.

5 comments:

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Wow- what a great accomplishment- congratulations! You deserve this recognition for your wonderful creation. It's amazing how putting your art out into the world reaps rewards. Great to see you last week, Paula

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

JAN!!!! THAT IS SUPER!!! CONGRATULATIONS.

Quite an accomplishment... OOooOoOOo I feel so special that you and I will SOON be collaborating.

XOXOXOX!

Mary lin Huskamp said...

YEAH!!! WHAT AN HONOR!!!

I am very happy for you!

LOVE the bracelet! Jan, you are so VERY talented!

Hugs and Happy Easter, Friend!

Bridget said...

Congratulations!

Susan E. J. White said...

Congratulations Jan! Very Cool to have won. Sue