Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Spring is Coming At Last

Hooray!! For the last week I have listened to the increasing variety of bird songs in the trees around my house. Chickadees and robins are busy staking out their territories and today I heard a red-wing blackbird calling, always a harbinger of spring. This has been a hard winter for me with so many gray days and I could use some sun in my bones. I so look forward to the longer days when I can move my walks from the treadmill to the trails. On February 1st I dutifully sent in my request for another permit to climb Mt. Whitney - I am hoping that I will finally get an overnight pass so I can make it to the top this time. I purchased a multi-day backpack at REI today, both for Whitney as well as my goal to hike around the circumference of Mt. Hood. I am determined to keep up my level of fitness and not regain any of the weight I've lost. It's been eighteen months now - I've never managed to maintain my healthy lifestyle this long before and I want it to be a lifelong habit. I look forward to heading for the beach soon to pick up shells and pebbles for my class in May and wish you all a Happy Spring to come.

2 comments:

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Yeah for spring, sunshine and keeping up your new lifestyle! Hope to see you soon, Paula

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Isn't it great to have a preview of spring here in the NW? I, too, look forward to the longer and warmer days. Good for you staying on the healthy trail. Look forward to seeing you again.
best, Suzanne